No onsite lodging is available for this event.
There are several hotels near Spring Mills, PA within a 5-25 minute drive from the training site. Average cost per night is $100.00.
Payment in full is required to reserve your spot in the course. Tuition is non-transferable and is payable by check, credit card, PayPal or money order. Tuition covers class materials, course equipment, and certificate or certification cards. Sergeant Rescue is not obligated to allow any student to attend a course until the required payment and course registration materials are received and approved by Sergeant Rescue Training & Consulting staff. A full refund will be given if we need to cancel the course for any reason.
Cancelation, Withdraw & Refund Policy
If a student cancels or withdrawals from a course:
- If greater than or equal to 45 days prior to the starting date of the course, Sergeant Rescue
will retain a $25.00 administrative fee.
- If equal to or less that 45 days prior to the starting date of the course, tuition is
non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Participants that cancel or withdraw from a course are still responsible for cancelation fees even if payment has not been sent or processed. (Applies if you cancel within 30 days of a course.
A full refund will be given if we need to cancel the course for any reason.
Late Payment Policy
Participants that register and choose pay via company check or personal check must submit payment in a timely manner. Payment is due no later than 10 days after your registrations is submitted. If payment is not post marked prior to this date a late fee will be assessed. Late fees will either be invoiced separately or added to any outstanding balance.
- Initial late fee is $25.00
- An additional fee of $10.00 per day will also be assessed if payment is delayed past 14 days from registration and is retroactive to the date of registration.
Law Enforcement Officers (LEO) and Tactical EMS team members that are part of a team that allows you to carry a fire arm, may bring your department issued weapons to the course for use. Weapons will be cleared and safe at the beginning of class. No live ammunition will be allowed on your person during the training day. No other personal weapons or firearms are authorized.
There are many great restaurants in the Spring Mills area, both local and chain. There are also multiple grocery stores within a 5 minute drive from the training area.
Lunch, water & coffee will be provided as part of the course tuition.
Date: 22 November 2019
Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm
The Law Enforcement First Response Tactical Casualty Care (LEFR), is continuing education Tactical Emergency First Aid course offered through NAEMT’s PHTLS program. This course was initially developed in collaboration with the Denver EMS, Denver SWAT, and NAEMT’s Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) Committee. LEFR teaches public safety first responders (police, law enforcement officers, firefighters, and other first responders) the basic medical care interventions that can help save injured responder’s or victim’s lives until they can be assisted by conventional EMS.
In addition to the patrol officer, this course is ideally suited to:
- Non-medical first responders
- Medical first responders for whom tactical operations are not in their primary responsibilities
- Fire service personnel
- Allied professionals
Upon successful completion of the course participants will:
- Understand the rationale for immediate steps of hemorrhage control (including external hemorrhage control, direct pressure and wound packing, early use of tourniquet for severe hemorrhage, internal hemorrhage control by rapid evacuation, and transportation to major hospital/trauma center).
- Demonstrate the competent application of a tourniquet to the arm and leg (typically in less than 20 seconds by course conclusion).
Demonstrate the correct application of a topical hemostatic dressing (combat gauze).
- Describe the progressive strategy for controlling catastrophic hemorrhage.
- Describe appropriate airway control techniques and basic adjunct devices.
- Recognize the tactically relevant indicators of shock.
University Park Airport is the local airport. There are multiple rental car dealers at the airport, Enterprise, Hertz, Etc.
If flying or driving from outside the local area please plan to arrive Thursday 21 Nov 2019.
Class will dismiss at 1700 on Saturday. We encourage those wishing to fly that flight arrangements be made to depart Sunday or Monday.
Patton Township Police Department
100 Patton Plaza, State College PA 16803
"TRAINING FOR CHAOS"