"TRAINING FOR CHAOS"
- Introduction to the course
- Chp. 1 - Intro to Search
- Chp. 2 - Incident Management System
- Legal & Ethical Issues in SAR
- Chp. 4 - Resources
- Clothing & Equipment
- CPR / First Aid (Additional Fee)
28 March 2018 - Evening 3
- NAV Sec. 1 - Basic Principles
- NAV Sec. 2 - Maps & Marginal Information
- Chp. 5 - Search Philosophy
- Chp. 6 - Clue Consciousness
- Chp. 8 - Search Operations
- Chp. 9 - Lost person Behavior
- Day NAV Course
- Chp 7 - Search Techniques
- Rescue Techniques
- Rescue Problem
- SARTECH III Exam / Written & Practical
Quote: "The ISAR course I took not only gave me the basic skills and understanding of doing a proper, safe search, but also gave me the confidence to take care of myself as I begin to work in SAR. The ISAR course should be a minimum requirement for anyone wanting to join or become a new part of a SAR Team." Rose Stover - Central Region Emergency Response Team.
No on-site lodging is being offered at this time.
Closest hotels are located in State College. About a 5 minute drive from the training site. Average hotel cost locally is $110 per night.
Multiple bed and breakfasts are also near the training area. Three are within a 20 minute drive
Cooke Tavern Bed & Breakfast
The Lead Horse Bed & Breakfast
Keller House B&B
The Dobson House
Bed & Breakfast at the Rock Garden
There are many great restaurants in the State College Area, both local and chain. There are also multiple grocery stores within a 10 minute drive from the training area.
State College University park Airport is nearby and transportation to and from the airport will be made available. Only transportation to and from University Park Airport is provided.
The airport also has a rental car agency on site. (Enterprise)
Please provide any and all travel plans relating to commercial or personal flights so that transportation can be arranged.
Introduction to Search & Rescue
Course Dates: 14 March 2018 / 21 March 2018 / 28 March 2018 / 31 March 2018
Cost: $110.00 per person
The Introduction to Search and Rescue (ISAR)/SARTECH III course is designed to provide knowledge concerning the general responsibilities, skills, abilities, and the equipment needed by persons who would be participating in a search or rescue mission. The course is based around rural and wilderness environments but the material is recommended as a base of knowledge for all SAR environments.
ISAR/SARTECH III is the first course in a stepping stone approach to higher level NASAR courses of training for emergency personnel. It provides a common starting point in training for the new person to SAR and in many cases, an excellent refresher course for the more experience SAR worker. This common starting point provides continuity during SAR operations and future training of all team members.
Who Should Attend:
- Persons who are interested in becoming involved or have just become involved with search and rescue operations.
- SAR personnel who would like to maintain or refresh their knowledge of search and rescue.
- Emergency response personnel who belong to organizations who provide resources and assistance during search and rescue missions.
- Managers of emergency response organizations who want to understand the state-of-the-art skills and knowledge needed by the SAR workers.
- Community members and groups (scouts, hunters, hikers, etc.) that have an interest in safety and preventative SAR operations
- There are no prerequisites to the ISAR/SARTECH III course.
The SARTECH III exam is an additional fee. Candidates wishing to test will upon successful completion of the course will be offered a discounted testing fee.
Payment in full is required to reserve your spot in the course. Tuition is non-transferable and is payable by check, credit card, paypal or cash. Tuition covers textbooks, syllabus, course equipment, and certification cards. SRTC is not obligated to allow any student to attend a course until SRTC paperwork has been received, reviewed and approved by SRTC. A full refund will be given if we need to cancel the course for any reason.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
If a student cancels out of the course or withdrawals from a course:
- If greater than or equal to 30 days prior to the starting date of the course (Before 4 Feb 18), SRTC will retain a $55.00 site cancelation fee.
- Within 30 days of the course start date (after 5 Feb 2018), tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Participants that cancel or withdraw from a course are still responsible for cancelation fees even if payment has not been sent or processed. (Applies if you cancel within 30 days of a course.
A full refund will be given if we need to cancel the course for any reason.
Late Payment Policy
Participants that register and choose pay via company check or personal check must submit payment in a timely manner. Payment is due no later than 10 days after your registrations is submitted. If payment is not post marked prior to this date a late fee will be assessed. Late fees will either be invoiced separately or added to any outstanding balance.
- Initial late fee is $25.00
- An additional fee of $15.00 per week will also be assessed if payment is delayed past 14 days from registration.
SRTC Student Agreement
(Including Assumption of Risks and Agreement of Release of Indemnity)
A course student agreement will be sent to you upon completion of registration. Please sign, return it and read it carefully as it affects your legal rights. Bring the one-page signed document to the first day of the course. If you are a minor, a parent or guardian must sign the document as well. Without a signed document, you cannot participate in the course. SRTC course participants, including minors, will have unsupervised free time throughout the course. Any activities during the free time are not part of the SRTC program and are at the sole risk of the participant.