"TRAINING FOR CHAOS"
State College University park Airport is nearby and transportation to and from the airport will be made available. Only transportation to and from University Park Airport is provided.
The airport also has a rental car agency on site. (Enterprise)
Please make all flight arrangements, commercial & private, known so that transportation can be arranged.
There are many great restaurants in the State College Area, both local and chain. There are also multiple grocery stores within a 10 minute drive from the training area.
Students are encouraged to plan to have lunch at the class location both full days.
Online Via Zoom
Date: 20-21 March 2021
The Emergency Pediatric Care (EPC) course focuses on critical pediatric physiology, illnesses, injuries and interventions to help EMS practitioners provide the best treatment for sick and injured children in the field. The course stresses critical thinking skills to help practitioners make the best decisions for their young patients.
Topics covered include:
- The pathophysiology of the most common critical pediatric emergency issues, and critical thinking skills to help practitioners make the best decisions for their patients.
- Application of the Pediatric Assessment Triangle (PAT), a tool to help EMS practitioners rapidly and accurately assess pediatric patients.
- The importance of family-centered care.
- Understanding and communicating with children.
- Airway management, breathing and oxygenation.
- Cardiac emergencies.
- Recognizing child abuse and neglect.
- Hypoperfusion and shock.
- Newborn resuscitation.
EPC is appropriate for EMTs, paramedics, emergency medical responders, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and physicians. EPC is accredited by CAPCE and recognized by NREMT.
Text book can be purchased here:
Payment in full is required to reserve your spot in the course. Tuition is non-transferable and is payable by check, credit card, PayPal or money order. Tuition covers class materials, course equipment, and certificate or certification cards. Sergeant Rescue is not obligated to allow any student to attend a course until the required payment and course registration materials are received and approved by Sergeant Rescue Training & Consulting staff. Attendance for the entire course is required for NREMT refresher credit.
Cancelation, Withdraw & Refund Policy
If a student cancels or withdrawals from a course:
- If greater than or equal to 45 days prior to the starting date of the course, Sergeant Rescue will retain
a $25.00 administrative fee.
- If equal to or less that 45 days prior to the starting date of the course, tuition is non-refundable and
- Participants that cancel or withdraw from a course are still responsible for cancelation fees even if payment has not been sent or processed. (Applies if you cancel within 45 days of a course.)
A full refund will be given if we need to cancel the course for any reason.
Late Payment Policy
Participants that register and choose pay via company check or personal check must submit payment in a timely manner. Payment is due no later than 10 days after your registrations is submitted. If payment is not post marked prior to this date a late fee will be assessed. Late fees will either be invoiced separately or added to any outstanding balance.
- Initial late fee is $25.00
- An additional fee of $10.00 per day will also be assessed if payment is delayed past 14 days from registration and will be retroactive to the date of registration.
SRTC Student Agreement
(Including Assumption of Risks and Agreement of Release of Indemnity)
A SRTC Student Agreement will be signed prior to your successful completion of registration. Please sign it and read it carefully as it pertains to your legal rights. If you are a minor, a parent or guardian must sign the document as well. Without a signed document, you cannot participate in the course. SRTC participants, including minors, will have unsupervised free time throughout the course. Any activities during the free time are not part of the SRTC program and are at the sole risk of the participant.
No on-site lodging is available for this program at this time.
Closest hotels are located in State College. About a 15 minute drive from the training site. Average hotel cost locally is $110 per night.
Multiple bed and breakfasts are also near the training area. Three are within a 20 minute drive
Cooke Tavern Bed & Breakfast
The Lead Horse Bed & Breakfast
Keller House B&B
The Dobson House
Bed & Breakfast at the Rock Garden