"TRAINING FOR CHAOS"
Payment in full is required to reserve your spot in the course. Tuition is non-transferable and is payable by check, credit card, paypal or money order and must be received prior to the start of the course. Tuition covers class materials, course equipment, and certificate or certification card fees. Sergeant Rescue is not obligated to allow any student to attend a course until the required payment and course registration materials are received and approved by Sergeant Rescue Training & Consulting staff.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
If a student cancels or withdrawals from a course:
- If greater than or equal to 45 days prior to the starting date of the course, Sergeant Rescue will retain a
$25.00 administrative fee.
- If equal to or less than 45 days prior to the starting date of the course, tuition is non-refundable and non-
- Participants that cancel or withdraw from a course are still responsible for cancelation fees and course
tuition fees even if payment has not been sent or processed. (Applies if you cancel within 45 days of a
A full refund will be given if we need to cancel the course for any reason.
Late Payment Policy
Participants that register and choose pay via company check or personal check must submit payment in a timely manner. Payment is due no later than 10 days after your registrations is submitted. If payment is not post marked prior to this date a late fee will be assessed. Late fees will either be invoiced separately or added to any outstanding balance.
- Initial late fee is $25.00
- An additional fee of $10.00 per day will also be assessed if payment is delayed past 14 days from
registration and is retroactive to the date of registration.
SRTC Student Agreement
(Including Assumption of Risks and Agreement of Release of Indemnity)
A course student agreement will be seen during the online registration. Please sign and read it carefully as it affects your legal rights. If you are a minor, a parent or guardian must sign the document as well. Without a signed document, you cannot participate in the course. SRTC course participants, including minors, will have unsupervised free time throughout the course. Any activities during the free time are not part of the SRTC program and are at the sole risk of the participant.
Advanced Search & Rescue
Course Dates: 22-23 Feb 2020 & 29 Feb - 1 Mar 2020
(Both weekends Required)
Cost: $150.00 per person
Advanced Search and Rescue (ADSAR) is a NASAR course designed to educate the experienced field searcher in preparation for working as a crew leader on a search. This course expands on the knowledge and skills taught in the intermediate level FUNSAR course. Beginning with expanded management concepts, crew tactics, crew and SAR dog tactics, crew safety skills and continuing through stress management, the course focuses on the added responsibility of a crew leader and how this relates to the crewmembers, search managers, and the outcome of the search. This 24 hour course will scratch the surface of managing search teams in the field
Who Should Attend:
- Persons who have been involved with search and rescue operations and are ready to advance to the next level SAR personnel who would like to refresh or expand their knowledge of search and rescue skills and tactics Managers of emergency response organizations who want to understand the state of the art skills and knowledge used by experienced SAR personnel.
1. SARTECH II certification.
2. Introduction to Incident Command Course or the (NIMS) IS-200
3. Advanced Wilderness First Aid or higher is strongly encouraged.
***PA DOH EMS Continuing Education Credits will be available.*****
Harrisburg Airport is nearby and transportation to and from the airport can be made available on a case by case basis for a nominal fee.
The airport also has a rental car agency on site. (Enterprise)
If flying or driving please plan to arrive the Fridays before classes.
Class will dismiss at 1700 on Sunday, 1 March 2020. We encourage those wishing to fly that flight arrangements be made to depart Monday 2 March 2020. Those driving may check out no sooner than 1800 on 25 Feb 2018.
There are several great local restaurants in the Denver PA Area. There are also multiple grocery stores within driving distance of the training area.
Students are encouraged to plan to have lunch with them at the class location all 3 days.
Location: Fivepointe Ambulance Association
1094 Dry Tavern Rd, Denver PA
- Introduction to the course
- ICS Review
- Leadership in SAR
- Crew Safety / ORM
- Fitness of a SAR Technician
- Briefings & Rehearsals
- Course Plotting & UTM Review
- Day NAV Course
(1500 - 2300)
- Low Angle Rescue Techniques
- Search Techniques Review
- GPS use & Integration
- Search Task Planning
- Rescue Problem 1-3
- Night Navigation
1 Mar 2020
- Rescue Problem 4
- K-9 SAR Intigration
- Drone SAR Overview
- Team equipment overview
There are many hotels, campgrounds and bed an breakfasts in the area. Air BnB is also available in the area.
Lodging should be booked to begin the night before the class and check out is the morning after or of the class.